Statistics show that not many people achieve their new years resolutions and it’s no secret I’m one of them. I not so bad at setting goals and I’m actually quite good at working toward them as I love the challenge of the process but I’m hopeless at setting out to achieve what I want to. I have a habit of not quite hitting the mark or achieving something I didn’t actually set out to which sometimes can be a bonus and other times not. So 2017 I’ve decided to try a different strategy. I’m going to declare what I don’t want to achieve .
- I don’t want my lung function to drop below 40%
How do I plan to avoid this? By exercising almost everyday and trying some wiz bang mind techniques
2. On a lighter note I’m not going to eat only one brand of chocolate. Instead I will rotate brands so I don’t get bored because for me chocolate is good medicine.
How do I plan to avoid this? Buying a different brand each week
Now let’s see how this goes. I plan to document my journey with my lung function on my blog so stay tuned!
So if you decide to set yourself a new year’s resolution here’s a few tips, not from me but the experts:
- Break it down into small achievable tasks.
- If there’s more than one goal start with one thing at a time
- Be realistic
- Focus on the process
- Write it down, post it where you can see it and share it with friends/family